Air Jordan 11 Full Restoration and Patent Leather Repair
We all like shiny things…no wonder the Air Jordan 11 is so popular! If you’re like me, you gravitate towards the Jordan 11 for one reason — that beautiful, shiny patent leather.
Are you with me?
In just a few minutes you’ll learn how to restore and repair your patent leather with RESHOEVN8R products. Then, stick around to learn more about removing oxidation from the icy soles on the Air Jordan 11.
Ready to take on your own Air Jordan 11 patent leather restoration project? Here’s what you’ll need:
Optional Supplies: (For deep cleaning and sole restorations)
Let’s walk through the restoration process, step by step.
The Best Cleaner for the Air Jordan 11
Shine your Patent Leather in a snap.
Step 1: Clean the shoes with RESHOEVN8R Solution
- Start with the Soft Brush to remove any dirt and grime on the surface of your shoes.
- Pay special attention to the patent leather. A proper clean will allow you to better restore and repair the patent leather later on.
- If you desire, use the Medium Brush to clean the midsole. You might as well clean the entire shoe while you’re at it. Move to the Stiff Brush for the outsole, then proceed to the next step.
Step 2: Wash the shoes in the washing machine with the Laundry System.
- Place your shoes into the Sneaker Laundry Bag. Make sure your shoe trees are firmly inserted, as this will help remove any creasing from your patent leather.
- Insert the shoe and a Sneaker Laundry Detergent pod into the washing machine. Wash for a full cycle with cold water.
- Let the shoes fully dry for 24 hours, then proceed to the next step.
Ideal Washer Settings: We opt for a normal wash cycle with cold water to achieve the best results. If you have any questions regarding which cycle or settings to use, feel free to DM us on Instagram, or use the chat feature here on our website!
Step 3: Buff out the scratches and scuffs with Turtle Wax
- Use a soft cloth, such as the RESHOEVN8R Microfiber Towel to avoid damaging the patent leather further.
- A small amount of Turtle Wax goes a long way. Apply it in a circular motion until your scratches are gone.
Step 4: Polish your patent leather with RESHOEVN8R Mink Oil
- We like to use an electric buffer, which speeds up the process and produces a great shine.
- Spray a coat of Mink Oil directly onto the buffer pad then work your way around the patent leather until satisfied with the results
Step 5: Pat yourself on the back! Your patent leather is shiny and healthy as can be!
How did your shoes turn out? I hope you were able to successfully restore and repair your patent leather Jordan 11s. We’ve reached the point where if that’s all you wanted to learn, you can head out…BUT if you want to learn how to unyellow the icy soles on your Jordan 11s, stick around for a few more paragraphs.
Unyellow Air Jordan 11 Soles
Unyellowing the soles on your Jordan 11 is an act of patience, but one that pays big dividends. All you need to do is apply RESHOEVN8R Sole Revive to the soles, wrap the shoe in Saran Wrap, and place it under UV lights. The longer you leave the shoes under the lights, the better results you’ll achieve.
For the purposes of the Jordan 11 restoration Vick was working on, he let the shoes sit in the UV lights of the Vick 2000 indoor UV setup for 5 days. Some may take longer than others, so be patient.
The process does go a lot faster with a proper UV setup. Learn how Vick made his here!
What shoe do you want to see us restore next? Vick was able to bring the Win Like ‘96 Air Jordan 11s back to life without any trouble at all. Do you want to Win like Vick? Make sure you snag some RESHOEVN8R products so you can achieve the same results.