How to Clean Off-White Vapormax
Off-White is synonymous with hype in the sneaker industry. So, if you were one of the lucky ones to cop a pair of the Off-White Vapormax's, make sure you keep them looking out-of-the-box fresh with these few simple steps.
- Remove the laces and set aside to clean later. Then take your shoe tree and insert in the sneaker. This will give you a better surface to apply more pressure while you are cleaning your shoes, since the OW Vapormax are a light material.
- Using an all-natural, dye free cleaner, add a small amount to a bowl filled with warm water. (Many shoe cleaners on the market are known to stain shoes due to dye or chemicals, we recommend using this sneaker cleaner.)
- In order to mix the solution, take a delicate brush (it is important to use a brush with soft bristles on any knitted materials) and lightly stir the solution using the bristles.
- Once mixed, you can apply the solution to the Vapormax using the soft brush in circular motions over the entire uppers.
- After using the delicate brush to lather the entire upper of the shoe. You can gently go back over the shoe using a brush with slightly stiffer bristles (we like this medium bristle brush.) Using the stiffer bristles helps remove some more stubborn stains.
- If the medium bristle brush can’t remove all the stains, you can use a microfiber towel and dip a corner into the solution mixture and buff out the stain with your finger.
- Once the entire upper has been cleaned, you can move onto the soles, cleaning them with a stiff brush. The soles are likely to have the most dirt and grime, and you need to use a brush that has tough bristles to get the rubber really clean.
- The final step of the pretreatment is to take the shoe laces that you set aside and dunk them in the remaining solution mixture and lather by rubbing them in between your hands.
- When the entire shoe has been pretreated you can use a microfiber towel and pat the entire shoe down. This way you can check to see where you should go back and reclean. If the shoe is up to your standards you can then, place them into a laundry bag (make sure they go in soles touching, facing the opposite direction.) Then place the sneakers into a top load washer and using dye and alcohol-free detergent to clean your Off-White’s in cold water with a normal cycle. (This step is necessary for knitted shoes, because it helps remove deep trapped dirt.)
- Lastly, remove your shoe from the washer and let air dry. NEVER use a dryer to dry your shoes!
Leave a comment
Please note, comments must be approved before they are published
Awesome! I don’t know what I would do without you guys!!! Thank you for everything you do and all of the amazing products you guys have out there!