Ultra Boosts are synonymous with comfort and casual wear but cleaning them can feel like anything but chill. Lucky for you we have broken down a step by step process of getting your Ultra Boosts looking almost new again!
- Remove the laces and set aside to clean later. Then take your shoe tree and insert in the sneaker. This will give you a better surface to apply more pressure while you are cleaning your shoes, since the Ultra Boosts are a light material.
- Using an all-natural, dye free cleaner, add a small amount to a bowl filled with water. (Many shoe cleaners on the market are known to stain shoes due to dye or chemicals, we recommend using this sneaker cleaner.)
- In order to mix the solution, take a delicate brush (it is important to use a brush with soft bristles on any knitted materials) and lightly stir the solution using the bristles.
- Once mixed, you can apply the solution to the Ultra Boosts using the soft brush in circular motions over the entire uppers.
- After using the delicate brush to lather the entire upper of the shoe. You can go back over the plastic heel cup using a brush with slightly stiffer bristles (we like this medium bristle brush.) Using the stiffer bristles helps scrub the more durable materials. Also, with the medium brush you can scrub the midsole boost in a back and forth motion to remove dirt. Since the boost is painted, you would not want to use a lot of force with the brush – let the brush do the work.
- Once the entire upper has been cleaned, you can move onto the soles, cleaning them with a stiff brush. The soles are likely to have the most dirt and grime, and you need to use a brush that has tough bristles to get into the boost’s groves.
- The final step of the pretreatment is to take the shoe laces that you set aside and dunk them in the remaining solution mixture and lather by rubbing them in between your hands.
- When the entire shoe has been pretreated you can use a microfiber towel and pat the entire shoe down. This way you can check to see where you should go back and reclean. If the shoe is up to your standards you can then, place them into a laundry bag (make sure they go in soles touching, facing the opposite direction.) Then place the sneakers into a top load washer and using dye and alcohol-free detergent to clean your Ultra Boosts in cold water with a normal cycle. (This step is necessary for knitted shoes, because it helps remove deep trapped dirt.)
- Lastly, remove your shoe from the washer and let air dry. NEVER use a dryer to dry your shoes!
Check out this before and after! Watch how to clean White Ultraboosts here!